Friday, January 22, 2010

Book 5: I Was Amelia Earhart.

I strongly belive that

A) This is a weird place to start, seeing as I am on book 5 and haven't reviewed any of those ones (yet),
and B) I should review this book while it is still freah in my mind.


Book 5: I Was Amelia Earhart.
By Jane Mendelsohn.
A Borzoi Book.
Published by Alfred A Knopf, INC.
1996
Rating out of five:
3.5

What a great story. The writing style of the author is fresh and new. It's an odd book, but I liked it.

The book is in Three parts:

Part 1: This section is all about Ameila life before her famous trip around the world. It showed who Amelia was. At the end of Part 1, Amelia and Noonan -her navigator- are lost, and are running out of fuel.

Part 2: The two crash on a deserted island that they jokingly name "Heaven." This section shows their life together on the island and a major event that, without, Part 3 would not exsist.

Part 3: The climax. I would like you to read this book, and as a rule, I never give away the climax*.

Wow. I'm very glad I own this book. It will be on my shelves for years to come.
Not the best book, but I aprove.

* Unless it was an absolutely terrible book and I do not want anyone to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment