Sunday, October 10, 2010

Book 42: Hamlet

Book 42: Hamlet
Shakespeare.
Believed to be written in the early 1600's
Rating:
4

Kind of a synopsis
Hamlet, young prince of Denmark, is still shaken by the recent death of his idolized father and by the marriage, scarcely a month later, of his widowed mother, Queen Gertrude, to his uncle, the present King Claudius, whom he despises. He tells of his despair in soliloquy:

"O that this too, too solid flesh would melt,
That and resolve itself into a dew!
Or that the Everlasting had not fix'd
His canon 'gainst self-slaughter! O God! God!...
But break, my heart, for I must hold my tongue!"

What Do I Think?
I read Hamlet for class, but have owned it for quite a long time. Thus far, Hamlet has been my favorite Shakespeare tragedy. Quite excellent, captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment